Forum How do I...?

Manipulating Wikipedia articles using css

zweem
Dear all,

I've used PrinceXML in combination with the excellent CSS available on this site. There are however a few elements in Wikipedia articles I'd like to hide, like: References, See Also, External Links, Notes, Bibliography, etc.

Only References can be removed since it's embedded in a specific <div> tag with a unique class. The others however are presented like this:
<p><a name="Notes" id="Notes"></a></p>
<h2><span class="mw-headline">Notes</span></h2>

There is no tag with an unique id or class around "Notes". Is there someway I can hide these titles? Perhaps some obscure javascript workaround?
howcome
zweem wrote:
Dear all,

I've used PrinceXML in combination with the excellent CSS available on this site. There are however a few elements in Wikipedia articles I'd like to hide, like: References, See Also, External Links, Notes, Bibliography, etc.

Only References can be removed since it's embedded in a specific <div> tag with a unique class. The others however are presented like this:
<p><a name="Notes" id="Notes"></a></p>
<h2><span class="mw-headline">Notes</span></h2>

There is no tag with an unique id or class around "Notes". Is there someway I can hide these titles? Perhaps some obscure javascript workaround?

Indeed, Wikipedia is cumbersome to format. The good news is that all the tags are generated by templates that are editable documents in Wikipedia. The bad news is that many of the templates are locked or semi-locked and improvement proposals are not eagerly received.

Here are two attempts from my side:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template_talk:Infobox_Country#Use_of_.22style.22_attribute

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:Cite#Request_for_wrapper_element_around_visible_markers

I've started work on making a case study to illustrate how poor the current markup is and how it can be improved structurally, semantically and sizewise. I'm happy if others will join me in this quest.