Forum Bugs

Paragraph text reduced / truncated to one line

pestafo
Why is the second paragraph in my example truncated to one line. Is this a bug or do I something wrong?
If I remove the 'size: A4;' from the @page definition then even the first paragraph gets truncated to on line.

<html>
  <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" />
  <head>
    <title>Multi Line Problem</title>
    <style type="text/css">

@page {
  size: A4;
  margin-top: 0mm;
  margin-right: 0mm;
  margin-bottom: 50mm;
  margin-left: 0mm;
  padding: 0;
  bordre: 0;
}

.text1, .text2 {
  position: absolute;
  top: 230mm;
  left: 18mm;
  font-family: Arial, Helvetica;
  font-size: 8pt;
  font-weight: bold;
  text-align:left;
  border: 1px solid red;
}

.text2 {
  top: 250mm;
}

</style>
  </head>
  <body>
    <p class="text1">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
	<br />Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.</p>
    <p class="text2">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.<br />Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.</p>
  </body>
</html>
mikeday
Strange, it seems to be unwilling to allow the absolutely positioned block to extend into the bottom page margin. I wasn't aware of this limitation. Moving the block up slightly or reducing the size of the bottom page margin will fix the problem for now, we'll take a look at the issue.
pestafo
I have a table which spans over multiple pages which requires the bottom page margin. The text which gets reduced to one line should appear in the page margin after that table.
mikeday
We will change the next release of Prince to allow absolutely positioned blocks to extend into the page margins without being clipped.
Alex McKee
mikeday wrote:
Strange, it seems to be unwilling to allow the absolutely positioned block to extend into the bottom page margin. I wasn't aware of this limitation. Moving the block up slightly or reducing the size of the bottom page margin will fix the problem for now, we'll take a look at the issue.

Aha, I encountered that last night.
mikeday
We've fixed this for Prince 7.0, and there is a first beta version available now if you're interested in trying it out.
pestafo
Thanks, it works just fine.